BS Computer Engineering
The Computer Engineering program provides students with the required skills and competencies needed in the field of computer, communication, and information technology. The program will help develop fundamental understanding of computer engineering, its applications, and its underlying concepts.
Graduates are expected to understand computer hardware and software, and their interdependencies as computer engineering focuses on the areas of digital systems, computer architecture, microprocessors, computer programming using machine level and high-level languages, data communications, computer networks, and operating systems, among others.
Program Educational Objectives
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Computer Engineering Program shall have:
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public
welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional
development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses..
- Demonstrated technical expertise, professionalism, and ethics in ICT, computer hardware and software systems
development, entrepreneurship or other related fields in the practice of computer engineering for the advancement of
industry and society.
The graduates of BS Computer Engineering program will have an ability to:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret from data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic,
environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global, economic, environmental
and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage
projects and in multidisciplinary environment
- Understand at least one specialized field of computer engineering practice.